Monday, December 07, 2009

i'm living the dream

or at least somebody's version of it.

I was at the same party as Madonna. At Monkey Bar, this club that's supposed to be really hip, for the afterparty for the A Single Man premiere. It's like whaaat? I mean, I was working. But in a sense, she was working too, because she's Madonna, so she's always kind of working when she goes.

I was there for NYMag, and I obviously had to try to interview her, because what did I really have to lose? Even if she was disgusted that I bothered her, there's no chance she'd remember me, since they rarely do, except my bff Fran Drescher for whatever reason.

Her body guard shooed me away, but I paparazzid back over to her table with she and her date Bravo's Andy Cohen (who was as superexcited to be there as I was, see his twitter BravoAndy: Just went to the premiere of Tom Ford's "A Single Man". Was I Madonna's date? Yes! Did I get laid? No! It was worth it tho.).

"Can I talk to you for a second for NYMag?" I asked. Madonna looked at me and shook her head. We made eye contact. Very cool. Then her bodyguard told me I was "rude" to do that. oops.

Celebrities are one of the few things I'm truly excited about, so I hope I don't get jaded. I kind of am a little. I saw Irina, the winner from Project Runway on the street in Soho and only cared a little. Enough to text Becca, who cares about celebs even more than I, but not enough to tell anyone else about my sighting. Because, helllooo, I was rejected by Madonna.

But also, this celebrity awe thing is about to stop being cute, so it's kind of good I'm getting over it.

But anyway, night was really fun. And I really liked the movie. A Single Man. I recommend. It's a gay movie where it's not alll about the struggles of being gay, but moreover the struggles of life (in a Mad Men era, which i guess is my favorite). But be forewarned, if for some inexplicable reason you hate Colin Firth, it's his movie, no one else's. Even Julianne Moore is only in 3 scenes. And all these people who had teeny tiny parts were all at least semi-famous. Dana from the L word played a bank teller! The guy who STARRED in Pushing Daisies had one frickin' scene. Weird. I wonder how Tom Ford got them in? I guess for the chance to work with Tom Ford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home