Tuesday, July 18, 2006

All the news that's fit to read over my shoulder

Ok, I realize I have no right to complain about my subway ride this morning. After all, I got a seat, and I wasn't stabbed or groped. But this one thing really annoyed me. Getting on the 6 at Astor Place I grabbed an a.mNY, a FREE newspaper available to ALL subway riders (notice the capital letters for emphasis). When I sit down to read it, I feel the eyes of the woman sitting next to me s reading over my shoulder. Now as a news junkie and a journalist I like to see anyone take an interest in the day's news. But I think if this woman wanted to know that Oprah is not gay or that Bush said the "S-word" she should grab her own paper. So when I was getting off the train, I ask her, "Do you want my paper?" She said no, I think sheepishly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home