Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What the bloodclot?

This post is dedicated to Sara. However, I am going to save my "self-consciousness in music tastes" posts for when I attend Lollapalooza (soon!). Sorry Sara, you'll have to wait. And sorry to my fellow lolla-goers Becca and Marcy as well as any other person I happen to run into at the three-day music festival who will now have to listen to me discuss how everything that happens relates to me and my blog post. ugh, now i remember why I never blogged before, because I knew I'd be obsessed and fucking planning out my blog posts.

Anyway, moving on to Sara's second request: my fun-loving neighbors. So every day I pass their apartment I smell pot and hear rap music. My first reaction was that their life was a party and were having fun all the time because pot and rap music= fun, obviously. even though i don't like rap music (and not for reasons of self-consciousness, just that I don't really, as a genre). Then I think maybe it's one guy who's not actually having fun but just smokes pot and listens to loud music to drown his sorrows. I realize women don't live in this apartment because women don't smoke pot or listen to rap music, of course.

Then the night Sara came over with our two brothers, the Davids, we were on my amazing roof christianing Benny Bloodclot passing around Ls and spilling wine and Sara and I laughing about how our little brothers sound exactly like our fathers circa seven years ago except they were debating the best way to smoke pot instead of debating if it is a good investment to purchase a timeshare in South Carolina.

Then a few 30ish ex-frat types comes on the roof to smoke pot. Could it be THE neighbors? I make conversation and ask his name and apartment. "Are you really loud?" I ask. "Because I always hear loud music coming from that apartment and you always seem like you're having fun." "I don't know," he says. "Are your next door neighbors loud then" I ask. "No, it's us," he says. I'm kind of excited to have met my building celebrity. And that sadly, was my last interaction with them, though they are apparently always home and having fun and one of my roommates is friends with them and she's the coolest so I imagine they're not lame. She confirmed that the apartment smokes 1 oz of pot a week, which I don't really know how much it is but it sounds like a lot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am stalking you. i second the music taste insecurities post, and propose an explanation of the title of your blog. i then add another question about whether you enjoy $10,000 pyramid, and whether you believe in that?

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from priya

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also from priya, because 3's the magic number:

what's an L? Nelly refers to it in one his songs and I always wondered.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best blog entry opener ever!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home