Monday, June 30, 2008

lovely weekend

Ok, when I blog about being sad I always feel the need to blog again and be like "I'm happy now." I'm sure this all has to do with how I'm raised and I probably should get over it and just own my emotions. But I am happy now (if not overjoyed--Avenue Q).

I had a fun weekend, even if it was work-related. It would be fun if I could do these great things on weeksdays, and not give up my weekends, even if they are fun. But it was all the good parts of work and my favorite people who I truly love like family and the reason I'm doing what I'm doing. Not the stupid crap with office politics and such. I went to Albuquerque for a summit. On the flight home I sat next to a chatty man who was really excited about "talking to a New Yorker" and hates environmentalists and moved to New Mexico to save his marriage but I'm not sure if said marriage was to the wife sitting across the aisle. And heasked me my five year plan and I'm like, ughhhh. He suggested I be a therapist, a magazine writer or a political commentator. Needless to say, he was not a plane boyfriend, for those of you who remember my obsession of 2005.

Then I came back at 9pm which was perfect because I went to this supercrowded but really fun lesbian pride party the name of name I will not type because I feel dirty saying it. But it was fun realizing I know more people then I think I know, even if I've met almost every single one through Laurel or Lucile. But I guess that's how one grows a network or becomes part of a "scene."

Then at actual Pride I was in the parade. Which was superfun too. For art of the time I drove a van. Which I did because my friend didn't want to and he acted like I was doing a big favor, but it wasn't a favor at all because it was fun. And I honked at people and they waved back.

Then I was so tired and wet from the rainstorm so I went to be at 8:00.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Snizz said...

;lkhsd;lasdgjk

HAHAHA PLANE BOYFRIEND. duh.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home