Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It’s summer in the city and I’m so lonely, lonely, lonely

So So said the wise Regina Spektor who supposedly isn’t gay even though most of her songs are about women but she’s singing in “character.” Ok, Regina, whatever. I totally don't believe you. Anyway, I am lonely, lonely, lonely, but my first need in the hierarchy of needs is coolness and I'm more so sweaty, sweaty, sweaty since it's so f-ckin hot here. I am going to splurge for A/C I believe. But my apartment actually isn't so bad, as opposed the office where I wouldn't even go today and camped out at our Brooklyn headquarters because the A/C is down and we CAN'T OPEN WINDOWS AND THERE'S NO FAN. Basically, prison. Ugh, I know in some times and place they deal with this but I grew up in an upper-middle class home in a 1st world country where I feel ok to complain about this.

I just saw kids outside my apartment who took apart the fire hydrant. I really don't think I've ever seen that before outside of books where the protaganist did outside her apartment in the ghetto. Or more likely her neighbors took apart the fire hydrant but she was inside writing short stories and being a loner, since most books are just thinly veiled autobiographies and most authors become, well, authors. That's always sort of bothered me, like, really can't you think of another career for your-loosely-based-on-you-protaganist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home