Sunday, January 27, 2008

life update

"It's kind of hard to take life advice from a single woman who's using her treadmill as a hanger for a wedding dress. And who's wearing a one piece swimsuit instead of underwear."
-Jenna (Jane Krakowski) about Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock.
Perhaps everyone feels this way but I relate to Liz Lemon more than any fictional character ever. I have def worn a bathing suit instead of underwear on more than one occasion, and while I don't have a wedding dress I haven't returned, I totes relate to Liz's reason that "my internet was being weird" and to her other hot mess moment that she had yet to put together a desk (since I'm having the exact same experience at this very moment). ughhhh, willl I ever get my life together? At least Tina Fey makes it all look good. I love Tina Fey like woah. When will the writer's strike be over?

anyway, so since I last spoke:

Monday I went to Myrtle Beach for literally 24 hours. In that time I covered/participated in and AIDS rally, attended Obama's debate watching party (super-fun, and unlike Clinton's comparable party free food and open bar) and shook Obama's hand. Quite fun. And Ithink I'm supporting him now though I keep going back and forth so we shall see.

Friday I ran into a Northwestern person at a bar which always makes me happy because I'm still nostalgic for the college lifestyle apparently. Like not so nostalgic that I actually want to go back, since while I really enjoyed college for the most part I really think my life is only getting better from this point forward. And maybe that's naive, but I think it's true. Still there's something nice about being somewhere where everybody knows your name.


Last night I slept 13 hours for no reason except for apparently being very tired and now I will never fall asleep again. And now I'm bored. After doing nothing today. Well, not nothing. I had dinner with Tina in Williamsburg and went grocery shopping and did dishes. And took a shower. But as Becca noted when you have to count a shower that is pretty bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terra Dankowski said...

oh man, and i like you because i wish i could use "hot mess" fifty times an entry. i'm so linking to your page.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Terra Dankowski said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home