Monday, December 03, 2007

blogging from the bus

I am on the bus from port authority to laguardia to go cover this conference in atlanta. One sign says "happy holiday" in red bubble letters (apparently no one got the memo abt hanukah and kwanzaa and that "holiday' is now plural). Another sign says (punctuation accurate) "Driver TIPS not included
In your ticket.
Thank you!!!!" And then there's a picture of a $5 bill. Is that an appropriate tip? I'm one of 3 people on a coach bus and the cost was $12 for the ticket. Hmmm
And I don't know how to expense a tip.

In the past I was righteously indignant about my organization"s "strong preference" that I take public transport. But now I'm less annoyed, since if I show some effort w the public transport I don't feel guilty abt taking a cab other times. Plus, going to ATL was MY idea. It's not like I'm doing anyone a favor by going, it's more visa versa. As long as I catch the plane I'm fine.

Wow, we're here already. That was quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home