Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Arizona "celebrity" sighting!

For those of you who know me, or just read my blog, I am really into celebrity sightings though I never ever see celebrities, since either I apparently am not going to the right places or I'm just missing out. A couple weeks ago four seconds before I arrived at the line for some trendy club in the Meatpacking district, Tina and Kendra saw Lance Bass. I did not. Last week Laural saw a girl from Le Tigre in the line for the bathroom at the Metropolitan. I was there, but I did not, though I probably wouldn't have recognized her if I had seen her, which brings up another important point of celebrity sightings— you have to recognize the celeb by face in order to actually sight them.

But when I went to Phoenix, AZ this week to visit Becca I saw a "celebrity" who I did recognize. On Monday, my last night in town, Becca and I were enjoying margaritas and goat cheese pizza at this restaurant at the mall in Scottsdale. Then this woman walked in, and I said, "Ohmygod, that girl is from Tila Tequila!" recognizing the curly-haired girl as Rebecca, the slutty girl who Tila was really "down with" but then hooked up with Brandi and that other guy in the big bed so Tila kicked her out after feeling betrayed.

I wanted to ask this woman if she was on MTV, but I didn't, though I kind of know my Tila Tequila stars, and while I know is a totally trashy show but is the best horrible show on tv and I still DVR each episode, and a quick internet search revealed I was indeed correct and slutty Rebecca is a go-go dancer in Phoenix. Becca said she was a little embarassed for me but not that much and I agree.

In Phoenix, non-F list celebrity news, I had a lovely time on my holiday. It was really relaxing, the weather was fabulous and I had lots of fun with Becca eating good food, going to the zoo, getting a massage and seeing American Gangster (and reading the ny magazine article that inspired the quite excellent movie). I don't think I'd want to live in Phoenix (not that I'd ever considered it), since I wouldn't want to live in a driving city where everything it located in shopping centers, but it was a quite nice place to visit, and I'm jealous of Becca's huuuge nice apartment with a pool and a tennis court.

And now I still have five days left of my holiday! life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home