Tuesday, July 25, 2006

non-celebrity sightings

The other night I ran into an actor. Well, I randomly saw a recent NU theatre alum on the streets of Union Square, and in an attempt to make light chit chat I asked rhetorically, "oh, so you're trying to be an actor?" He unironically replied, "Well, I am an actor."

This is my favorite random person-I-know sighting I've had in weeks I've lived in NY.

But there have been lots of random-person-I know sightings. I saw Tina on St. Marks. A friend of a friend from school noticed my Dillo Day shirt on the subway. And an editor at the anonymous magazine I work at on 3rd st. moving an air conditioner last weekend. The list goes on and on. What can I say? I just know soooo many people. I wish I could tell some great celebrity-sightings. But I can't. Because I haven't seen any celebrities. The closest I've come was meeting one of the singers of the song that goes "Watch yourself girl/You've got a camel toe." And I was kind of way too excited about this.

As my time in NY draws to a close I've gotten desperate. The other day I thought I saw Lucy Liu. But it turns out I'm just racist. Then I thought I saw the girl from Three Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. But when I went to imbd the images of Traylor Howard did not align with the imposter I saw on St. Marks. Luckily, I'm not yet at the point of being my mother who has been known to ask randos, "Are you somebody?" to which they always reply a variation of, "Yes, I'm a person." When she presses further it is usually learned that they are some D-minus-lister. REAL LIFE EXAMPLE SOMEONE GAVE: Julia Roberts' boss in Stepmom (who I sadly can't find on imdb since I guess his character had a name and isn't listed as "boss"). Wow, life is hard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Snizz said...

omg HOW ARE YOU NOT SEEING PEOPLE. listen go to pastis. i have never once in my life been there without seeing at least SOMEONE. i *swear*

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess who was at my hang out bar last night? Jay, the winner from the first season of Project Runway. Talk about non-celebrity sightings. -Josh

10:29 PM  
Blogger diana said...

whatever, you KNOW you were excited (or at least you should have been).You should have recapped the encounter for gay.com.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home