Thursday, October 18, 2007

Blogging from work

As I'm sitting at work at 9pm on a Thursday night, waiting for my editor to call me back to tell me I'm missing a comma in the copy, because, well, that's my life and I've come to accept it, I figured I'd blog. I totally could go home, and probably should, but I don't want to have to finish work at home. I want to go home and be DONE, particularly because I have a 4 day weekend! Also, my roommate's job (seriously, it actually is her job, I'm not being condescending) is watching Celebrity Rap Superstar, so until I have wireless in my room, I can't really do my work until she does hers.

Basically yesterday I just started FREAKING out about all the work I had and articles I had to write and I felt like Jessie Spano in the caffeine pill episode. Not sure why, I always have a lot of work, but I was literally on the verge of tears. At this rally for single-payer healthcare I had to cover, there was a typical crazy activist yelling at the crowd on Bryant Park, "Houseslaves go away!" Normally I'd just ignore such crazies, but yesterday since I myself was so crazy I went up to this man and said, "Excuse me, you realize you're alienating people with your message?" He kind of laughed me off, as he should, since who the hell am I to tell a crazy activist what their message should be?

Anyway, I think my editor realized I was literally going mad. That plus attending my party I think he realized I'm working quite hard for a 22 year old, and other than Rosh Hashanah haven't had more than one day off since June. So he graciously gave me Friday and Monday off.
I guess that's what they call, "mental health days."

I seriously like my job and feel lucky I have it (thoguh I think I said, I would never mention its name here, because that would be SO EMBARASSING if google blog alerts picked my blog up and all these randos at work saw it), except for days I go crazy like yesterday and times like right now when I'm not done with work.

I was like, I should have grand plans for my long weekend, but then I stopped to think. Shit, I'm kind of a grown-up now. I need to use these days to do things that I don't have time to do when I'm working. Go shopping. Set up wireless. Scope out a couch from Craigslist. Whatever, I'm not complaining, and I'm excited to have a bit of free time, buuuut I am just such a working person now. It's so weird.

yay, editor just got back to me. I am done. ttyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home