Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The blackberry lifestyle

So my job gave me a cell phone, which I blogged about forever ago (but probably only 4 posts ago since I'm not much of a blogger anymore). But it was a Zack Morris-esque cell phone and I kind of hated it. I also claimed my first week of work I didn't like being reachable at all times.

What a difference three months makes. I'm all blackberry'd up and I LOVE IT. I originally claimed to my friends on my way up to Saratoga, "It's not like I need a blackberry for my lifestyle" for which I was understandably mocked. It turns out I was wrong. The blackberry fits in PERFECTLY with my lifestyle. If I want to know something, instead of having to wait hours to google something, I can do it INSTANTLY on my blackberry. Instead of having 5 unread messages at any given time I always have zero.

However, the need for a blackberry became clear during my 21 hour trip to Alabama (and 18 hours back) for work (the contents of which I WISH I could blog thorougly about but I would never blog about work ever). But during said trip for undisclosed reason my travel companions and I used my blackberry to 1) play Christmas movie trivia, 2) find a Barnes & Nobles in Athens, Georgia, 3) read about hemphiliac brothers with knives 4) learn our astrological profiles, 5) google image "Cynthia Nixon's girlfriend" to prove a point during a rousing game of kill/marry/fuck. EDIT: How did I forget that I also I wikipedia'd Jena 6 after a man in the Waffle House asked me if I heard of them. I hadn't. Now I have.

And the fact that because of this incessant blackberrying I lost all power in my phone and the other van we were caravanning with couldn't tell us to stop since I was the number they were supposed to contact? So insignificant compared to the hours of fun my blackberry provided me and my travel mates.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home