Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Since you been gone

So I'm back blogging here after my foray onto zafrica.blogspot.com. But now that my adventure though africa has sadly come to the end, it's back to the real world. Actually, I begin the real real world next week, kind of. Now I am bumming in Evanston for a week, living in the sun room without a door of the apartment I stayed in quarter.

In the 6 or so weeks I've been gone, things have changed. People don't really care about classs. Granted, about half my friends hae already graduated, like me, but even those taking class aren't taking many. Like I hear the regular murmur of "I should be writing my paper right now" but it's less frequent and easily silenced. As Ashu said, "Think how fun Northwestern would be if everyone had been like this from the start."

And I'm trying to soak up every last ounce of Northwestern (even though I'll be back two more times). Yesterday I panicked when I realized it was NU Day at Wrigley. My LAST CHANCE, to see the Cubs, not that I'd ever cared before. But when I realized I was lacking a sold-out ticket I went on overdrive gchatting and IMing everyone I coud think of until someone came through.

And the game was fun. I went with Daniella and Ash and an assortment of people and the group wanted to stay the WHOLE game, even though that meant 15 innings, which we then lost. While I was tired around inning 11 (after all the alcohol wore off) it was all worth it for the 14th INNING STRETCH. I didn't know such thing exist! Learn something new every day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparber said...

..."we WE lost." Now we're from Chicago, are we? Let's see what the Mets and Yankees have to say about this.

PS - I thought you were kidding about the 14th inning stretch.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home