Thursday, March 08, 2007

Roswell, NM

I went to the 4th largest city in New Mexico last weekend as part of an ongoing investigation of a murder, as obliquely referenced before. We met with an awesome source, but again, I have high standards for what is ok to blog about and I think confidential witness testimony is not blog-appropriate.

What is blog-appropriate:
UFO Museum: HIGHLY overrated. Took itself waaaaay too seriously, with too many newspaper clips and not enough fake aliens. But I guess if you believe in aliens, you think alien sightings are worth taking seriously.

Best Western hotel bar: A guy in an alien hat tried to hit on us. We met a sportscaster who would have become our friend had we lived in Roswell. He was drinking with the local coaches and obv was struggling for a social life in Roswell. He was from San Diego, and was doing the whole 'putting career first at any cost' thing. "How does Roswell compare to San Diego," I asked. He looked at me increduously. "How does Roswell compare to Chicago?"

Lubbock, TX: We flew out of the Lubbock International airport, thus spending Sunday night in this west Texas city. All we really saw was a super-Walmart which was AMAZING. I was really tempted to buy a Biblezine, which had guy and girl versions in the teen magazine section next to Seventeen.
These were bible masquerading as teen magazines. The guy version had the tagline "How to pick up godly girls." The girl version had advice columns. SAMPLE:
Q: I'm in love with my stepbrother, what should I do?
A: You need a closer relationship with God. (duh)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home