Thursday, December 28, 2006

Overheard at Starbucks

Ugh, so I'm at Starbucks in Ossining right now pretending to write a grant proposal. When I found out that this Starbucks makes you fucking pay for wireless, I regrettably paid $9.99 for wireless. I was going to leave to make a statement but I'd already ordered my hot caramel apple cider. And I can't work at home without doing even less than I'm doing nwo. Sigh, I had high hopes for this Starbucks which back in the day experimented with being a groovey coffee shop, a la open mic night. I'm sitting in the back, so at least I only saw one person I know, my brother's friend who I barely recognized.

The only upside to this so-far disappointing experience (other than the hot caramel apple cider) was I watched a woman use her approx. 4 yr old son to try to pick up a guy at Starbucks!
The mother saw me watching and even giggled at me but didn't try to justify herself, so I have to assume what I'm about to describe to you is 100% legit.

Mother: Go tell that guy "My mom likes you" but don't tell him I said to say anything.
Little Pimp: "My mom likes you"
Child runs back
Mother: Ok, now ask him one more question. Say "What are you doing for the rest of your life?'
Little pimp: What are you doing the rest of your life?
Man: Spending it with you.

Aww?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you paid $9.99 for wireless.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it good for every time you come in, or just that one time?

7:24 PM  
Blogger diana said...

ugh, just for 24 hours. And I only stayed for 4 hours or something. It's like $25/month otherwise. It was definitely not a good investment.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home