Saturday, December 16, 2006

San Francisco recap

I have ended my 3 month adventure in San Francisco. I'm really happy I went, but not sad to be done though I'll miss the city and the people I met there. And I had a lovely last week with my mom where we ate our way through the bay area and then she packed for me(!). I also had a lovely last night doing my first ever pub crawl in North Beach w/my amazing roommates.

But here, as a Hanukkah present to my hardcore readers, here's an update on some of your favorite SF blog posts:

- I went to Melt!, the coffee shop where I was planning to be a regular, a total of six times. The most recent time Odette (Cornell environmentalist) and I went there, since it's where we met. We remembered why we stopped going. It is INTENSE in there. "Diana!" DeForest cried when I walked in. Everyone wanted to hug us while Odette and I kind of wanted to chat without people trying to enter our conversations. DeForest pretended to cry when I said I was leaving. "I'm going to North Carolina, maybe I'll see you on the east coast," he said. Um, ok. Apparently I am too much of a snob for the Cheers lifestyle.


"That's not sketchy, that's modern": The creepy lesbian sent me this text message: 'I asked santa for a condom, i got 3. I asked for a dollar, i got 10. i asked for a hoe, & i got this number! Lol.' I kind of cut off contact.
The nice lesbians and I played some phone tag but never hung out again. So my romantic life was, duh, nothing, in sf. But katie o was able to convince me during my thanksgiving depression that I will not be alone forever.

I do have a job: While I had so much fun with the other interns, the job got boringer. Rather than going to d.c. my new career goal might entail me spending 2 years in bumblefuck in order to try out newspapers. eek.

Yeah, I met the Cho brothers: My bffs, Erwin and Godwin Cho, lost the Amazing Race, and they kind of didn't deserve to win. I stopped watching, though I've heard the druggie models won.

Pombo kills puppies : Pombo lost in the Democratic sweep of Congress! Yay. I feel I deserve a tiny bit of credit.

And now expect lots of exciting Ossining and Evanston posts. But bye-bye san francisco, i'll miss you. the end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best post ever. It's like a Real World Reunion when you find out how everything turned out. Thanks!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home