Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Take 1

I was in a costume-crisis. Friday night Odette (of Melt! fame) invited me to go with her to an all-campus Halloween party at Stanford (where her friend's friend's girlfriend is a grad student) and I had nothing to wear three hours before we were set to leave. Thinking on the fly I decided to cut a green pillowcase ( tube top) and wear a purple sheet ( wrap-around skirt) to be a Project Runway outfit gone wrong.

Unfortunately this was an uber-lame party with no alcohol. It also made me feel so beyond college. I realize I am technically still in college but this 6 month hiatus + the fact that all my friends here have graduated makes me feel much older. The party was a freshman-year esque blow. And as one of the guys in our group said, "This party is like an abortion." Amen? After 5 minutes we were like, let's go, and the Palo Alto bar (think an Evanston bar a la 1800 club) and at a pizza place (where I sluttily allowed a man by the name of Manuel to hit on me and kiss my head for a free slice) were better. Also the Stanford campus is BEAUTIFUL. Plus, I cannot fathom going to a school with good weather all year round.

Adding to the lameness of the night no one thought I was dressed up! Now I can take this as a compliment that "I made it work" and my costume looked like real clothes. However, I know this is not the point of Halloween . Anyone have last minute suggestions for my hopeful Halloween Take 2 in the Castro?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparber said...

Your blog is like an abortion. PSYCH. What does that even mean? You obvs need to be Kelly for Halloween, who performed at a gay NYC club last night. RANDOM.

5:38 PM  
Blogger diana said...

ooh, Kelly's such a good idea. Too bad I already bought a costume. I'm being a nun. If I go out, since I'm still a sort of sick :(

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sparber said...

P.S. Do people read the comments on both of blogs and realize that we're such big losers?

P.P.S. - Have you seen the new Kelly video, Text Message Break Up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcidD2HFK8M

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home