Saturday, September 30, 2006

Musings from a coffee shop

So I'm sitting in a very North Beach coffee shop pretending to write this silly grant write-up. I've been procrastinating for about a month. I unplugged my wireless card to show myself I was serious but I obviously just plugged it in since I was spending my nonwireless time screening iTunes songs to put in my work-out mix. Now I realize why I'm always stressed out at school but not here. Procrastination's a bitch, man. But I love/hate it. Some psychologist should do a more extensive study on it.

Since I apparently have no AIDS activism related insights here are some coffee shop insights:

-The only other person on the iTunes network has the most boring music tastes ever. If I know every one of your bands, you really need to live a little. The Beatles are great and everything, but they shouldn't take up half your collection.
-I wish I could turn up the volume on the guys sitting across from me. They're discussing Closer, and I'm trying to figure out if they loved or hated it since there is no in between with that movie. Also, judging by the convo, one appears gay and one appears straight, and inter-sexuality friendships among men have always warmed my heart for some reason I cannot pinpoint.
- This guy asked me to watch his stuff before. There's always a little part of me that wants to walk off with that person's iPod while I'm "watching his stuff" while he's in the bathroom. omgomgomg, THAT is going to be my postsecret.com. I have to figure out a way to package it!
-Should I buy a cookie? I know I SHOULDN'T but I've been sitting here for so long I feel like it's time to be a patron again.

Much love, xoxoxoxoxoxo, diana

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you bought the cookie. (Said like a true bakery lounger.) xo, Josh

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send the postsecret! I would be so excited to see it.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you bought the cookie too.

from the 3rd person who still reads your blog

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home