Friday, September 22, 2006

Talk about the weather, or how the weather used to be

Complaining's fun. I understand that. But there are certain rules. Girls less than size 8 cannot complain about being fat. Millionares cannot complain about being poor. And people who live in the Bay area cannot complain about the weather.

I realize complaining is a crucial form of social interaction. And we are never going to complain about things we complain about are not worth complaining about. You might here someone say, "Oh my God, my mom is SUCH a bitch! It's so annoying!" not "Oh my God, my mom just died! That really sucks!" And I also realize complaining about the weather is the simplest thing to complain about. Living through Chicago winters and New York summers I have done my own share of this.

HOWEVER, I find the behavior of Bay area residents simply out of control. Today was high of 82. Sunny. Beautiful Yet I get to work and the intern next to me complains, "It's too hot today." My editor comes in and says virtually the same thing.

Wtf people? When I was sunning out in the park because it was BEAUTIFUL out I overheard a homeless man say, "The weather here is perfect. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy." Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home