Friday, September 01, 2006

A coach seat revolution

On my flight from Chicago to New York yesterday I sat in front of a kicking, screaming two year old. Now I totally love little kids, seriously, they are my favorite demographic. And when I looked around after he poked my head during his kicking and screaming break we even had a cute conversation:

Kid: Hi
Me: Hii
Kid: Hiii
Me: Hiiiii
Kid: Hiiiii
Me: I'm going to take a nap but I'll talk to you later. Byeee
Kid: Byeee

Still, I would have rather been far away from him. This reminded me of one of my best ideas ever: childless seating. With this, when you choose your seats online instead of just choosing window or aisle or the grave responsibility of sitting in an exit row, you can also specify if you want to sit near children. That way children and parents can commiserate together while the rest of us don't have to. You can also specify if you want to sit next to a "talker" or even the duration of the talk. Like (with the exception of my time with Plane Boyfriend in Thanksgiving '05) I would only want to chat during take-off and landing and would thus be seated next to someone who feels similar. Or if you're hoping to make a travel-fuckbuddy you can be seated next to someone who also wants to join the mile-high club.

And when you choose your seat you post a picture with a profile. Like jdate.com or manhunt.net ! And former seatmates can leave reviews and comments. like ebay!

My lawyer former-rommate told me this might violate some privacy act but that nonetheless she would fight for it in court. Who's with me We need to lobby the airlines. I feel like Jetblue would so go for this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember airplane boyfriend? What happened to him? Is he down with your blog?

6:27 PM  
Blogger diana said...

No, he was soooo Thanksgiving 2005 and he sadly faded into oblivion. So, considering we haven't spoken since December I don't think he's reading this, but I guess you never know.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home