Sunday, August 06, 2006

So Lollapalooza was ridiculously amazing. I just got home and I'm still on a high from MOSHING during the Red Hot Chil Peppers. Yeah, that's right, I was in a mosh pit. I also single-handedly saved a crowd-surfer from falling. Another one fell on my neck. There were approximately 70,000 people watching the show at Grant Park and I was of the front 5,000 I'd estimate. Oh, and the Chili Peppers were soooooo good, but this is about me and my hard-coreness.

At first I was worried I'd be out of place at Lolla since I don't know much about music and am not a big concert-goer. Fortunately, Lollapalooza is meant for people like me. The Trib described it as Disneyland and I see that as a compliment: it was safe, organized, and fun for the whole family. Well, not my particuler family for whom a concert meant "Sharon, Lois and Bram", but other people had fun at Kidzapalooza and/or inappropriately bringing seven year olds into mosh pits.

Top five moments from the past three days (pictures to be included when I upload mine/steal them from Marcy, Becca and Jina):

5. Queens of the Stoneage. Jina crowd-surfed. We bonded later when we mutually didn't get killed at the Chili Peppers.

4. The Shins. No, wait, just kidding, they SUCKED. I blame Zach Braff for tricking us into choosing his lame soundtrack band instead of the far-superior Matisyahu. But p.s. just had the epiphany: Zach Braff is Lollapalooza personified.

4. Feist. She now replaces Jenny Lewis as my hot musician crush. Fun fact: Feist was once Peaches' roommate!

3. The Flaming Lips. So much fun, despite Wayne Coyne's wish to make a political statement when apparently he should stick to what he is good at, which is rolling around in a plastic ball. "Everyone needs to say what's on their minds, " he noted. "Maybe if more people did that George W. Bush wouldn't be in office." We hesitantly clapped hence anyone think we're pro-W, though Wayne's flawed logic did not deserve our applause.

2. Manu Chao. Becca, Marcy and I were three of only 8,000 people who opted for Manu Chao over Kanye, and we were up front to see this Latin-French sensation. Again, evidence for our newfound hard-coreness.

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers. duh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Diana!
Sorry I am horrible at keeping in touch and never answered your email like, a month ago but I did read the blog link you said dutifully (like the good stalker I am, obvi). It seems like you had a good time in the big city and are back in the ev...and I'm still here. This means we must get drinks very very soon. We can play more kmf-daily-style and gossip. Wait, gossip...us? Never.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,

because this week i am obsessed with all things Diana due to our upcoming rendez-vous, i have taken the time out of my bored-at-work, people.com reading schedule to read the entirety of your blog. I have to read things because i have carpal tunnel, so i'm really sacrificing my health to write this comment to you. but i wanted you to know your fan base has grown by one bored office worker.

12:27 PM  
Blogger diana said...

Well, I hope your carpal tunnel was worth it to read/comment. And I am obsessed with all things Anne this week. Can't wait to see Mean Girls outdoors and YOU!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home