Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Home movies and other necessary fictions

Ossining, N.Y.-

I keep going home for these 3 to 8 day intervals, which is enough time to get bored enough that I want to leave for my next destination (next of North American World Tour: San Francisco in T-3 days).

Highlight of this most recent visit:Watching home videos for three hours with my mom. We are still on the Diana years, from when I was 10 months old- 1.5 years. My brother wasn't born yet and every single episode was centered around me.

Here's a typical scene:

Father (off camera): Today is May 23, 1986 and today Diana is 1 year, 2 months old. We're celebrating with the Scholl family.
Mother: Diana, who's holding the camera?
Diana: Dad-eee!
Mother: Goood job!
Father: Diana, will you give Jessy a kiss?
Diana gives Jessy a kiss.
Everyone: Yay!!!!!!
Random family member off camera: You have sound on that recorder?
Father: Yeah.
Other uncle: Wow, impressive.
Father: Diana, show everyone how big you are!
Mother: How big is Diana? SOOOOOO BIG!
Diana stretches her arms.
Everyone: Yay!!!!!

This scene is repeated about 80 more times in various locations and with various friends and relatives. I wish I could podcast it here, except a) I don't know how to do that, b) it's still on vcr.

I love these home movies, mostly because it's me, but also because I love home movies. But not enough to watch those of random people on youtube, which I just realized can be done and is sort of creeping me out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just need to play the VHS tape and record a video of the TV screen with your digi cam or camera phone. Grace us with a 30 second clip. Pleeeeeeze.

11:44 PM  
Blogger diana said...

umm, I don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe next time I'm home. But thanks for posting! :)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home