Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Rules

So I've been trying to motivate myself to lose weight for, oh, the past 22 years. But I am very rarely successful. This whirlwind year was particularly bad particularly since I always had an excuse, "Benny's Burrtos is right across the street!" "I'm only in San Francisco for another month!" "But this apple pie is free for Investigative," "I can't drink like this after college" or the ever popular "I'm in South Africa!!"

But now that I am living at home until tbd, I have an adult job that I don't think I'll hate, and the excitement of the last year is over, I really have no excuse other than boredom which isn't an excuse for not eating well.

So since Weight Watchers never worked (and I can't stand those annoying old women at meeting) nor did positive reinforcement, I made myself a list of 15 rules (that I would post, except if someone else did, I would totally ridicule them) that I know that, if followed, will allow me to lose weight or at least live a "healthier lifestyle."

However, for every one I break I have to give $1 to charity. At first I was trying to think of a good charity, but where's the motivation in that, since then I'll just feel guilty for withholding money for a worthy cause? And I was going to give to an evil charity like the Christian Coalition, but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

So I will be donating to the Boca Raton Museum of Art, given zero stars by the Charity Navigator, So every time I find myself wanting to buy a brownie at Starbucks, I just have to think that not only will I have to pay for that brownie, but I will be paying off the $251,120 debt the Boca Raton Museum of Art amassed purchasing crappy art.

I'll keep in touch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home