Thursday, December 13, 2007

celeb interview!

So I was in d.c. marching in and covering a protest as per usual. I wasn't that excited since by now I've been to about one protest a week for the last 6 mths and was more excited to watch project runway w my northwestern friends in d.c afterwards (which also involved aids randomly). Anyway, this protest,This one was surrounding the AIDS crisis in Puerto Rico and how no one is taking blame even though there is much blame to go around. And it was actually fun and I think useful with raising awareness.

But anyway, as we're marching and chanting, this guy who looks like Bono stops by. I know! I found out today he was in dc for this launch of the one campaign's tv ads in iowa and nh. How random! Guy in charge talks to him, and then I ask for a quick interview.

Bono holds my hand in his leather glove and pulls me aside. I ask him if he knew about the AIDS crisis in puerto rico. Bono says, "first of all, I'm not who you think I am." Now all I can think is 'omg, what if it's not bono and is an impersonator? Just a guy who looks like bono and is playing along' so I'm only half-paying attention to whatever nonsequiter answer he's telling me.but then as he turns away and leaves I ask, "what's your name" just to be sure. He said "Paul" and my boss checked and paul is bono's real name so phew. And apparently real aida activists don't really like bono but I'm undecided about him.

Now I'm trying to figure out if bono's more famous than julie andrews so I can decide who the most famous person I've met is. I think we've decided right now bono is more famous, but history will judge Julie Andrews on top.

In other news I'm on amtrak back from dc (since blackberrying in transit is the only way I blog anymore) and I'm in the nonquiet car just in case I had to do an interview via cell phone. I reallyreally hope airplanes never allow cells bc that would suck. The guy in front of me got in a fight with his girlfriend about how she doesn't even fix him a dinner plate and he wants his $10 back and I think this fight is symbolic of larger issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home