Sunday, December 16, 2007

Today I went to Ossining for the day to participate in a special edition of the book club: the mother-daughter one. It was really wonderful since I love all those girls and their moms.

And it was weird how an hour north of the city it's all snowy and wintery. When I was waiting at the train station to go back to the city I asked "is this going to ny?" And the guy's like, "you mean grand central?" But in a way where he wasn't particularly trying to be helpful, more like "umm, you're in ny already" and I wanted to be like "I'm from here, but in this context you knew what I meant."

I'm happy I'm not still living at home and seeing my ossining friends I'm one of the first to "get out" yet I like being in the city but sometimes I feel like living in williamsburg and nyc in general is wasted on me. I only like going out in limited doses, ditto shopping, and I don't take advantage of all the cool different things there are to do. And living in ny is hard and stressful and I feel like quality of life is less here than other perfectly nice cities. So, and I know I'll be in ny for at least the next couple of yrs, and I'm totally not depressed or anything and think this is the right place for me right now, but I think in the longterm new york will not be sustainable for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home