Saturday, February 02, 2008

it's 5:04 p.m., do you know where your day went?

Today I woke up and looked at my clock. It said 5:04. Crazy, I thought, it can't be 5 a.m. because I feel like I've slept a lot longer than that. No it was 5:04 P.M (i wish making P.M capital letters had the effect capitalization usually has). I'm not sick. I don't have my period. I went to bed at 2:30a.m. I turned my phone off because I was planning on sleeping in. But sleeping in like noon. But I slept almost 15 HOURS FOR NO REASON AT ALL! And I'm not that sleep deprived either. My roommate is gone so I didn't hear the t.v. on or whatever, but still. I thought I was growing out of my adolescence sleeping patterns but I guess not.

The one good thing about totally sleeping through life is that I don't have to make any choices. On days when I've woken up at 2 without a scheduled plan I have to spend time thinking, 'Should I be productive today?Do laundry? Clean? Go be cultured and go to a museum? Go shopping?'. Today there was none of that. And none of those things are so incredible or necessary that I really missed out, especially since this weekend is the first in forever I've had both a Saturday and a Sunday free. I have evening plans in a couple hours so all I had to do was shower and dress and now I'm blogging. I literally had no day.

But I think I am making more efficient use of my waking hours, and doing both fun New York City things and neighborhoody things. Last week I went to Sushi Samba (which used to be cool when Sex and the City was on) for restaurant week and also saw this benefit show that included rap and burlesque. Plus I'm figuring out fun bars and restaurants in Williamsburg. Ok, this paragraph was totally just to justify that I am not a waste of life.
;aj'iaenkbmn;.fer

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparber said...

Welcome to my life! p.s. - Lucile used to hostess at Sushi Samba back in 02 or something.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home