Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Most interesting news of the day


Did you know Waldo, of "Where's Waldo?" is only 21 years old? That's what AM-New York, the second best newspaper in New York (and I'm totally convinced of that point) told me.

Does this surprise anyone else my age that Waldo is younger than us? Didn't you just assume that Waldo was one of those things like Winnie the Pooh or Curious George that had always been around? Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, as the article says, a PR firm was hired to market Waldo to people our age. Which I think is an idea that could work, since as I've discussed before my generation is totally into pop-nostalgia. I spent the entire subway ride thinking about how there should totally be a live-action "Where's Waldo?" movie for the 20-something hipster-set, possibly starring that guy who was Ugly Betty's accountant boyfriend. Except I wouldn't like any possible plot of the movie. It has to be about someone trying to find Waldo. Either some crook is chasing Waldo around the world. Which is annoying. Or there's some girl who's looking for him in the city and keeps missing him. And those missed connection movies are my least favorite plot device. Which is why I don't like "Serendipity" or really "Sleepless in Seattle" and I can only deal with "You've Got Mail" because they are still hanging out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home